Saturday, March 6, 2010

Updates!...finally








Well Here we are two months later! Addy is now 5 months and eating "big-girl-food" she loves green beans but makes hilarious faces at just about anything else (besides bananas, but all babies love those). She is also sitting up on her own and rolling around all over the place, and I'm nervous to leave her anywhere except her crib because she is always finding some new way to cause problems when I'm not looking! I didn't think that phase even started until they were more mobile, but I stand corrected. She is also extremely vocal, much to my dismay in public, her new favorite thing is hearing herself make the highest pitch scream she can come up with whether she is happy or not, which always gets looks (and a few shudders). She is getting cuter by the day, however, and does the sweetest things when we play with her, giggling and squealing, and flashing that adorable smile every chance she gets! She is getting so big and is now only fitting 6-9 month clothes.
As for Ben and I we are also doing very well.

Ben got to meet a visual development artist from Pixar when he came up to campus and got some very good compliments on his work (which was very exciting for him), and will be going to San Francisco this summer on a school-study trip. We are also trying to beef up his portfolio to send in to Pixar for an internship again! He is also doing very well, and enjoying very much, his classes his semester, especially his sculpture and ceramics classes! I am very impressed with his Native American sculpture and can't wait to show it off to everyone, his ceramics class is also very handy because he is constantly asking me what I want for my kitchen for his projects...and I'm not exactly complaining :)



I am having a great time settling into my mommy-life and also trying to do a few things alongside. I am currently teaching a beading class at Porters (the craft store I worked at pre-Addy) and am having a great time! This has also sparked my interest in making and selling some pieces on Etsy.com , based on the reactions to some of the pieces I have been making lately. It is a great outlet! I also am getting into this food storage/coupon clipping/super mom, kick, which sounds cheesy but I totally get it now. I have recently discovered (thanks to some wonderful tips from friends in the ward) bountifulbaskets.org. It takes too long to explain, but trust me, if you live in Idaho/Arizona/Utah, you need to check it out! Basically you get a TON of produce for hardly anything...enough said.
Other than that we are just waiting to figure out when we get to graduate and move on with our lives! Scary, but good. Rexburg is such a safety bubble for us!

Also I was finally able to get Addy's 5 generation picture. The events leading up to it were unfortunate, however. My Mom's brother Cory died a month ago of a heart attack. We were all very sad, but grateful for his memory and the time we had with him. It was so nice to have the family all together to support one another and to show support to his wife and kids, whom we love very much. This picture was bittersweet moment, but something very special for Addy and all involved. I am so grateful that Addy has this legacy of amazing women to learn from and to continue and pass on to her children, I really hope she comes to realize just how loved she is!

1 comment:

  1. Fun update! Addy is getting so big and so cute! That's cool that you are doing a beading class again, it was fun to go to the ones you used to teach. It sounds like you are doing well! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete